Six-year-old raped, killed by ‘intoxicated’ youth

The youth, hailing from Bihar, taken into custody

A six-year-old girl, daughter of a daily wage earner, was sexually assaulted and killed after she was abducted by an ‘intoxicated’ youngster from Turkapally village in Alwal police station limits on Thursday, police said.

The accused, Rajesh Kumar (20), native of Valmiki Nagar in West Champaran of Bihar, allegedly lured the girl, who was celebrating Holi with friends, by offering her colours and snacks.

He took the girl to a place near the railway track, a few hundred metres away from their home, raped her and then killed her with a piece of wire, said Balanagar Deputy Commissioner of Police P. V. Padmaja.

When the girl shouted for help, Rajesh took out the piece of wire, slit her throat and raped her, the DCP said and added that the victim bled to death. The incident took place between 3 p.m and 4.30 p.m. and came to light around 12 a.m. on Friday.

The accused, who migrated to Hyderabad two months ago, was working at a tent house in Bollaram. On Thursday, he came to celebrate Holi with his relative Dharmendra and friends.

“Earlier, to gain the victim’s confidence, Rajesh took her seven-year-old brother to a nearby Kirana shop and gave him ₹ 5 for snacks and, an hour later, lured the girl,” she said.

When the girl went missing from the locality during Holi festivities, the family and neighbours launched a search and, not finding her, lodged a complaint at the Alwal police station.

A team of police officers launched a search for her with the help of villagers. In the meantime, Shirish, a resident of the same village, found the mutilated body of the girl in the bushes, the officer said.

A case was registered against Rajesh under the Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Child Against Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.

Ms Padmaja confirmed that the youth was inebriated and, after killing the girl, he fled from the scene and reached his cousin’s house in the village.

“The victim’s brother informed us that his sister was last seen with a person who celebrated Holi with their neighbours. Based on his inputs, a team led by inspector M Mattaiah questioned Dharmendra and his friends. On Friday, Rajesh was picked up and he confessed to his crime,” the DCP said.

Source: Read Full Article