Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy expresses “shock” over the incident
The death toll in the multi-storey building collapse in Dharwad on Tuesday afternoon has risen to three and rescue operations are under way on Wednesday to safeguard the people trapped under the debris.
Deputy Commissioner M. Deepa said so far 53 injured persons have been rescued and the death toll stands at three. A 35-member NDRF team from Bengaluru joined the rescue operations on March 19th night. Another 73-member NDRF team from Gaziabad arrived in Bengaluru on March 20 to step up the rescue operations, Ms. Deepa said.
Meanwhile, Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy expressed "shock" over the incident on Twitter.
"Shocked to learn about the collapse of an under-construction building in Dharwad. I have instructed the Chief Secretary to supervise rescue operations. I have also directed the CS to send additional resources and expert rescuers by a special flight to Dharwad," he tweeted.
Source: Read Full Article