cities

Labourer electrocuted while cleaning windows

A 27-year-old labourer died when he fell from the third floor of an apparel showroom in Sahakar Nagar on Ballari Road onto a transformer.

The deceased, Uttappa G., was a daily wage worker who had been hired to clean the showroom’s glass windows on Thursday.

According to the police, the showroom manager had asked Uttappa to clean the windows from outside, but did not provide any safety gear.

While working, Uttappa slipped and fell on a transformer and a high tension wire. He sustained third-degree burns, and died the next day at Victoria Hospital.

Based on a complaint filed by his wife, the Kodigehalli police have registered a case against Mehank Shah, the owner of the showroom, who has been charged with causing death due to negligence.

Source: Read Full Article