cities

Fire breaks out at garment outlet

Fire, reportedly caused by an electrical short circuit, gutted most of the garments in the ground floor of an outlet in Hampankatta here on Thursday morning.

Fire and Emergency Services personnel said the fire was noticed in the ground floor of Select Garments located in an old building, adjoining Janata Bazar, off the busy Ganapati High School Road.

The 27 employees working in the outlet came out of the building and reportedly called services at around 10 a.m. Two fire tenders from Pandeshwar Fire Station and one from Kadri Station were sent to the stop. The fire was put off by about 12 p.m.

Regional Fire Officer G. Tippeswamy said that the fire was because of a short circuit.

He said that fire fighters took care to prevent fire from spreading to adjoining outlets in the building.

Source: Read Full Article