celebrity

Piers Morgan talks ‘REAL culprit’ behind GMB exit claiming ‘the curse has struck again’

Piers Morgan: Tucker Carlson previews Fox News interview

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Piers Morgan addressed the “blame game” today over his sudden exit from GMB last month. The outspoken presenter bid farewell to Good Morning Britain, after refusing to apologise for his comments about Meghan Markle.

He persuaded me lightning never strikes three times

Piers Morgan

The 56-year-old sparked thousands of Ofcom complaints after saying he didn’t believe what the Duchess of Sussex said in her landmark interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Now the journalist has addressed a so-called “curse” that has been a feature in his career since 2003.

The father-of-four spoke out in his latest column, just hours before he returns to screens for a tell-all chat.

“The blame game has been raging furiously since my sudden departure from Good Morning Britain,” he started.

Piers continued: “But the real culprit may be Dylan Jones, long-time editor of GQ magazine.

“Three times, he’s given me awards,” however he said they all came shortly before a fall.

18 years ago Piers was awarded Newspaper Editor Of The Year by the magazine, for his campaign against the Iraq War.

A decade later, he took the gong for TV Personality Of The Year, after his CNN campaign against America’s “insane gun culture”.

And, back in December, Piers picked up the same statuette.

“This time for my ‘unwavering interrogation of the Government’s woeful response to the pandemic’,” he recalled.

But the TV star then stated: “Given that I’d lost both the Mirror and CNN jobs within a few weeks of winning the GQ awards, I told Dylan I was extremely wary of accepting again when he told me I’d won another one.

“But he persuaded me lightning never strikes three times.”

DON’T MISS…
Jeff Stelling’s clever hint at woke backlash in Sky Sports row [INSIGHT]
Eamonn Holmes struggling on two hours sleep as chronic pain continues [LATEST]
Lorraine Kelly’s ‘farewell’ as she pens ‘last column’ [UPDATE]

This turned out to be incorrect, with Piers leaving the ITV breakfast show on March 9.

He added: “Obviously, my first thought was ‘BOOM!’… and my second thought was, ‘Oh no, I really enjoy doing Good Morning Britain.’ The rest is history.

“The GQ curse has stuck again. Thanks,” he wrote in the Mail on Sunday.

It comes following the news that Piers will appear on camera for the first time to speak about his controversial departure from his role.

He will be on Tucker Carlson Today show tomorrow on Fox Nation to discuss being “cancelled”.

Piers is expected to discuss his controversial Meghan comments as well as his GMB exit in the “wide-ranging” chat.

He teased the new interview on his Twitter page on Friday in front of his 7.9 million followers.

“Was I silent, or was I silenced?” he wrote with a laughing emoji, referencing Oprah’s question in the chat with Meghan and Prince Harry.

Source: Read Full Article