Katie Price ‘very fragile and exhausted’ after assault but ‘wants to get on with her life’

Love Love Island? Our Factor 50 email brings all the goss direct to your inbox

Katie Price wants a fresh start and to focus on her children after the alleged attack she suffered at her home, according to sources.

The reality star, 43, has said the incident – after which she needed hospital treatment for a facial injury – left her feeling “dazed” and “devastated”.

“This is beyond anything Katie’s ever experienced before,” a source told new .

“It’s been a tough week and Katie’s feeling emotionally vulnerable, very fragile and exhausted. But she’s also now more focused and just wants to get on with her life and put herself and her children first.”

They added that despite her heartache, the shaken star won’t let the incident make her crumble. “Despite what she’s been through, she knows she can’t fall apart,” the source claimed.

“She’s resolute and determined not to let people down. She’s a victim but she’s quite resilient. She’s not sitting and licking her wounds. It’s been hard but she’s digging deep.”

Mum of five Katie – who shares Junior, 16, and Princess, 14, with first husband Peter Andre, and Jett, eight, and Bunny, seven, with third husband Kieran Hayler, and has Harvey, 19, by Dwight Yorke – was taken to hospital on 23 August following an incident at her Essex home.

In a statement, Essex Police said, “We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault shortly after 1.30am.

“We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.”

The force later confirmed that a 32-year old man had been arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour, and had been bailed until 20 September.

Opening up about the alleged attack after she was discharged from hospital, Katie said, “I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy and I went to hospital.

“I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I’ve told police that I was assaulted and I am in shock that this happened.”

Katie claimed that she had been watching TV when the alleged attack happened – and insisted it was “unprovoked”.

She also claimed that she had run to Harvey’s nearby house after being “punched”. Katie said she had damaged her feet as a result, as she is still recovering after breaking them both in an accident in Turkey while on holiday last summer.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Police are also investigating reports that the ex-model’s £50,000 diamond engagement ring – given to her by former Love Island star Carl Woods in April – had been taken.

Speaking to new ’s sister title OK! after their engagement, Katie said of the ring, “I didn’t have to buy my own ring this time! It was made from scratch and came out of his own money.

“He [Carl] designed it – it’s really special. It’s like a fairy-tale ring and massive. It’s like something out of Hollywood. It’s more than I could dream of.”

Katie is being supported by friends and her family, including mum Amy and sister Sophie, as she recovers from her ordeal. She is said to be staying at a friend’s house after finding it too difficult to return home to the scene of the alleged attack.

Reports last week suggested that Katie was not sure she could face a court appearance over the incident, meaning the charges could be dropped. However, her representative denied the claims and insisted Katie was still planning on seeking justice.

A spokesman for her said: “She is emotionally vulnerable but strong with the dedicated support of all those around her – management, family and the unconditional support of her fans and supporters. She will embrace life moving forward.”

For all the latest news on Katie Price, sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.

Essex Police confirmed that they were continuing with their investigation, insisting, “We have a duty of care to gather all evidence relating to this case and our inquiries continue.”

Source: Read Full Article