Josh Turner has announced that his first-ever Christmas album, King Size Manger, will be released on October 8.
The 11-track album includes four original songs and several well-known holiday classics.
The country star will be joined by his wife Jennifer Ford and four sons in one of the songs, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.”
The release of the album will be followed by a 16-city “Holiday & The Hits Tour,” which will kick off on November 18 and wrap up on December 20 after covering 16 cities.
“Making a Christmas record can be a mighty daunting task for an artist,” Turner said about the album. “We had a lot of fun throwing out all the preconceived notions of what a Christmas record should sound like.”
“In my opinion, it’s about the words and the heart and soul of how a song sounds. You don’t need jingle bells on a song to make it a Christmas song,” he added.
1. Angels We Have Heard On High
2. What He’s Given Me (Featuring Pat McLaughlin)
3. King Size Manger
4. Joy To The World (Featuring Rhonda Vincent)
5. Soldier’s Gift
6. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Featuring The Turner Family)
7. Go Tell It On The Mountain
8. Mele Kalikimaka My ‘Ohana (Featuring Jake Shimabukuro and Ho’okena)*
9. The First Nowell
10. Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town
11. Silent Night, Holy Night
Source: Read Full Article