“Southern Charm” producers and Bravo are asking a judge to let them be free of the lawsuit that Thomas Ravenel‘s former nanny brought against them.
The producers and the network filed court documents asking to be released from the case, citing two releases that Dawn Ledwell signed to appear on the show, according to court documents obtained by The Blast. The outlet reported that she even signed one release after she was allegedly assaulted by Ravenel.
The producers and Bravo also said in their court documents that the releases state that any issues would be heard in arbitration in New York — not in South Carolina, where Ledwell and Ravenel reside. They want the case dismissed on that basis.
Ledwell sued Ravenel, Bravo and “Southern Charm” producers in December after she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Ravenel in 2015. She named producers and Bravo as defendants by claiming that they did not provide enough security and they manipulated plot lines to focus on alcohol and sex.
She also claimed that she told the network about the assault, but execs did not follow up on her allegations.
Ledwell publicly came forward with claims that Ravenel, 56, sexually assaulted her in June 2018 and filed a police report with the Charleston Police Department on May 7. Ravenel previously denied assaulting Ledwell and said that “Southern Charm” was the worst mistake of his life.
He is currently awaiting trial on assault and battery charges.
Source: Read Full Article