celebrity

Prince Philip warned by UK police for driving without seatbelt

Prince Philip got a talking to from British police for driving without wearing a seatbelt — just two days after being involved in a serious car crash that injured a mom-of-two.

Queen Elizabeth‘s 97-year-old husband was pictured in British media Saturday behind the wheel of a new Land Rover near the royal residence at Sandringham.

After being made aware of the images, Norfolk Police said “suitable words of advice” had been given to the driver.

The Duke of Edinburgh was driving another Land Rover when he was involved in a violent collision Thursday with a Kia that carried two women and a 9-month-old baby boy.

The child wasn’t hurt and his mother, who was driving, and her friend were treated for minor injuries. Philip had to be helped out of the vehicle that had flipped on its side but wasn’t injured, just shaken up.

The palace said Friday that Philip and the queen had contacted the other people in the crash and sent their wishes.

But Emma Fairweather, who broke her wrist in the collision, told the Sunday Mirror she hadn’t heard a peep from the palace.

“I still haven’t had any contact from the royal household,” she said. “Maybe he should prioritize that over test driving his new car.”

The 46-year-old said “it would mean the world to me” if Philip offered an apology.

Police haven’t disclosed who was at fault for the crash.

Source: Read Full Article